Ami Amore’ brings you more than a class, she brings over a decade of bellydance and performance experience, her expertise and personable and caring nature to the table. She is dedicated to helping each one of her students excel at their goals, whether it is to get fit, gain confidence or become the next bellydance rockstar… she will help you achieve your dreams… if you’re willing to do the work.
Ami Amore’ is teaching out of her loft at 2716a Cherokee and at Van Ella studios 2648 Cherokee! The classes are more focused for those who are serious about learning fusion bellydance and bellydance fitness.
The prices are $75 for a 6 wk session, $15 per drop in and multi-class discounts. There is a short break in between each class to allow time for students to exit and enter the building (we’re on the third floor so you must BE ON TIME)! Sorry but no makeup classes are offered.
Ami’s current teaching schedule:
- 5:30pm, Troupe Level – Exotic Rhythms Bellydance: By INVITE ONLY
- 7:15pm, Level 1a/2/3 – Fusion Bellydance: Also by Invite only or permission of Ami. In this continuation of our level 1 and 1a class we will explore more choreography, layers, props and other new and exciting ideas, plus we will get into more tribal-fusion type movements building off our basic bellydance knowledge. Wear comfortable clothes for dancing, yoga attire is great, super baggy sweats are discouraged, but slightly baggy sweats are ok. Flat dance shoes ok, but most dance with bare feet. More performance opportunities are offered at this level. $75 per session.
Starting in JANUARY 14TH at Studio Amorticious
Ami Amore’ presents Mixed-Gender Bellymancing
Sundays,3-4pm Starting January 14th!
This brand new weekly tribal fusion bellydance class is for men and those who identify as male only, trans men welcome, as well as straight, gay, bi, etc. or really cool open minded gals with my permission of course!
You’re going to learn the basics moves of bellydance but with a more masculine edge to it.
You’re going to learn the basics and what muscles to use to make those moves happen, we are going to do a special focus on dancing mindfully and with intention, we will work on posture for the male carriage, we’ll learn combinations that will be strung together to challenge your coordination , grace and balance.
Things that will be covered over the course of the classes but not immediately: costuming for men (think Mad Max more so than Aladdin), stage makeup for men (getting outside the Johnny Depp eyeline but still keeping masculine), choroegraphy with optional performance opportunity.
This class meets every Sunday, except for a couple Sunday’s that are holidays or I am out of town.
You must be on time and in fact, plan to arrive at least 5-10 mins early because the front door locks and there is no getting in once it’s locked.
My classes run in 6 week sessions, with no makeups. if you miss a class, I can’t refund your money or carry over (please understand I am a small business and that’s why). After I have the minimum amount of 4 registered I will then allow drop ins at 20$ ea.
FUSION BELLYDANCE JUMPSTART AND TUNEUP WEEKLY WORKSHOP
WITH AMI AMORE
6-7PM Monday evenings starting JULY 2, 2018
Just 60$ for the 6 week session or pay 20$ drop in fee
In this 6 weeks, we will focus on:
-Technique of basic moves and beyond. Proper muscle usage will be discussed.
– Drills to challenge your mind and body and sharpen your skills
– Exploration of more complex fusion bellydance vocabulary.
– For those above the beginner level, layers will be explored.